More information in English?
Government website RIVM-corona
Measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19
By coughing and sneezing, a person transmits the virus through his nose, throat or lungs. The virus gets into the air through small droplets. If other people inhale these droplets or transfer them via their hands in their mouth, nose or eyes, for example, they can become infected with the virus.
What you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap regularly.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meter of eachother
- Cough and sneeze on the inside of your elbow.
- Use paper tissues
- Stay at home with symptoms of the common cold or flu
- Limit social contacts
Coronavirus (COVID 19)
Adjustment of our practice organization
Unfortunately, the Lockdown has been extended because the pressure on hospitals is too high. Fortunately, we have arranged our care at 040verloskunde in such a way that there are no new adjustments needed to provide safe care. However, we can only maintain this with your support.
We therefore ask you: Please, come to your appointment ALONE. Don't bring your kids, either. Partners are welcome at echoes and if you estimate that that is really necessary.
Our practice locations are open for office hours for the necessary pregnancy checks.
- DON'T COME WITH A FEVER OR A COLD! Call us well before your appointment and consult with the assistant if you can safely come to your appointment
- POSITIVE FOR CORONA? Are you or a roommate tested positive for the Coronavirus CALL US as soon as you have received a positive test-result. Whether or not you have recently had an appointment with us, we just want to know! (tel. number assistant: 040-2419841)
- MOUTH MASK is Mandatory
- MOUTH MASK by the midwife :The midwives will also wear mouth caps during consultation hours, maternity visits and deliveries.
- Come ALONE to regular appointments! For ultrasounds and important appointments, your partner is also welcome. Don't take kids to the appointments either. We understand that this is annoying, but we need to prevent healthcare professionals from seeing a lot of people unnecessarily.
- CONTRACEPTION/IUD PLACEMENT : This just stays offered.
- PRETECHO / FUN Ultrasound : We do not offer pretecho (fun ultrasounds) until 10th februari.
- FEVER/COUGH/TESTED POSITIVE? If you call us for labour, always mention if you have any complaints, fever or proven Covid-positive. Measure your temperature before you call, we than will decide if we need protective clothing. This also applies to your partner!
- MOUTH MASK: The midwife will wear a mouth mask during your delivery. If you or your partner have (mild) complaints, wearing a mouth mask is necessary.
Emergency and delivery care will of course continue, so just call us if you have any questions or complaints. The midwife is always there for you and will work with you to assess whether an extra check-up is necessary.
You can still ALWAYS call with questions or concerns!
Here is a list of events in which you have to call us:
06-107 209 08 (team Pink) or 06 301 551 21 (team Blue):
- Vaginal blood loss
- Vaginal fluid loss/broken membranes
- Fever higher than 38 Celsius, measured rectally
- Pain in your belly and/or back that comes and goes if you are not 37 weeks pregnant yet.
- If you do not feel the baby move as you know it or not at all and you have passed 26 weeks pregnancy.
- If you are vomiting and at risk of dehydration
General information about the delivery in Maxima Medisch centrum in english :
Maxima Medisch Centrum, delivery information ENG
Online Pregnancy courses
Due to high demand for English online maternity courses:
We hope this has given you enough information about the strict measures. You can always call the office or give us an email with question(s). Thank you again for understanding the measures that we all need to take to minimize the spread of the corona virus.